Monday Musings.


I spent some time today gently tinkering with a little material that I might try at Thursday’s Mostly Comedy.

If I do it, it will be only be about five minutes' worth. It may even be less than that. It won’t be a full-blown set, just a few gags interspersed between one act and the next; provided Glyn doesn’t object, that is. In fact, if I chicken out and don’t do it, I'll use him as an excuse; my official story will be that he forbade it.

(Yes, I said "forbade".)

I need to get some momentum going again. I could do with working through my blogs to see what else - besides my ‘…and Ephgrave’ material - will work in a stand-up environment. That’s a pretty daunting task. When you write something every day, you soon lose track of what you’ve talked about. When I have a focus, such a topic for an episode of our radio show, it’s easier to sift out the stuff that’s of use; I just type the appropriate trigger words in the search bar and the odd bit of ready-made material will pop up. Sometimes, only a line or two is worth using, but that’s better nothing. If I don’t have a specific subject to work towards, it’s hard to know where to begin.

Our radio show is currently a frustration, in and of itself. We haven’t broadcast a new episode in two months, due to the station changing premises, and don't know when we’ll be back. This is a shame, as we were just getting into the swing of things when it stopped. I now fully understand the meaning of the term ‘radio silence’.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.