A Bit of Filler.


I don't know what to write about today.

There have been times when I’ve felt like this in the past, yet still forced something out (INSERT SCATOLOGICAL JOKE HERE). This can make me uptight and stressed. That may sound ridiculous to anyone on the outside looking in; after all, no-one’s forcing me to write daily, except myself. Yet for some ridiculous reason, I put greater mental emphasis on the handful of days I haven’t written something, than the hundreds of days - over two years' worth - I have.

My problem is, as I intimated in yesterday’s blog, that I have unfeasibly high expectations of myself. As a result, I disappoint myself frequently. The need to churn stuff out irrespective of how it makes me feel at the time can squeeze the joy out of it – and what’s the point in that?

That’s not to say that I don’t still love writing; the truth's very much the opposite. I’d also sooner keep going than stop and cease momentum – but I don't think I should try to compose something funny, or fully rounded, if I’m not in the mood. Sometimes it’s better to live your life. So, that’s the plan tonight. 

It’s ‘Quizzy Monday’ in my house. I'll watch University Challenge and Only Connect on BBC2, getting angry about the contestants' haircuts and my ignorance. I’ll also help my wife make shepherd’s pie, if she hasn’t already finished it. So, this is me signing off for the evening (except the odd haircut rant on Twitter). Have a good night, yeah.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.