Dogs and Dads.

I took the dog to see my dad today, which seemed to be a good call as I think it helped.

It was the most cheery I've seen him in weeks, which was nice. I haven't taken Elwood over for a while as the new setup at my dad's house seemed a little too cluttered to risk it, but now things are a bit more in order again I thought it wouldn't be so bad and I was right, so bully for me.

It was lovely to see them greet each other. My dad is currently in a hospital bed that's downstairs in the living room and the layout was so different from Elwood's last visit that he didn't even notice him in it at first, but when he did, he gave him an appreciative sniff, which is all you can ask for. My dad also watched him belt around the garden, which lifted his spirits too.

The difficulty is how to keep his mood up. He's unsurprisingly worn down at the moment and my family and I are pretty much equally run into the ground by it all, particularly when considering the amount of rushing around we're doing and the metaphorical fires we keep putting out. At least the taking of my dog over made a difference, however, and I'm more than happy for us to take him over more regularly as it only appears to do good.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.