Brightoff.

I've inevitably cancelled tomorrow's work-in-progress date in Brighton as the situation with my dad's taken over so much I haven't had time to think about it.

I'm hoping that scratching the show from my diary will open up time to think about next week's one, though in reality, my dadmin seems set to overwhelm all other plans at the moment. On top of this, a load of interwoven Mostly Comedy work that had to be completed very quickly has taken up what little brain space I had left.

My main motivation right now is my dad's safety, but it's proving hard to keep on top of this when he's become so lapse with the basics. Today, my aunt and uncle went over to visit to report back their concerns to my mum, who called me, asking if I could try to get hold of him on the phone as no-one else was having any luck. In the end, I pulled rank by dropping in on the Amazon Echo I bought him primarily for this reason (I always give him the option to answer first but he never does, somehow managing to sleep through the rings); if he's not going to reply it's only right I enforce things a little bit.

The problem is he's become so passive, and over the past few days has gone back to barely eating or drinking too. This makes him feel weak and nauseous, which in turn makes him less likely to eat, and on it goes. It's reaching the point when the only way I can reason with him is by asking, "What would you say to me if I was in your position? What would you tell me to do?", but being honest, any tactic is pretty shortlived as he keeps reverting to type, so it's hard to know what route to take. I just wish he wouldn't work against us at every turn as it's very exhausting.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.