`Strictly Come Tweeting' (17.11.18)


I wrote a wittier introduction to this blog about yesterday’s Blackpool-based Strictly last night only to fall foul of a technological gremlin that caused me to lose it.

I’m not saying it was comedy gold - more perfunctory  - but the frustration as result of my computer swallowing it and my consequent attempts to recover the file (to no avail) have zapped away the spontaneity from the original post, making me loath to rewrite it.

I’m not even sure why I choose to compile my tweets like this anyway, other than it fills a page, which is not exactly the best motivation. So it’s probably best for all concerned that I post this and move on; normal service will be resumed imminently (subject to not being on the receiving end of another IT-based spanner in the works):

7:02PM: Flying in on a giant phallic rock = the right way to kick things off.

7:03PM: ...some much-needed PRS for Gina G.

7:06PM: Tess Daly's Guide to Presenting: 1) Repeat what the judges say verbatim. 2) That's it.

7:08PM: "The brilliant Paddy McGuinness." *dry, rattling cough*

7:23PM: Craig's musical theatre comment was a little unnecessary.

7:29PM: I feel like we're about to see a David Copperfield illusion.

7:31PM: Does Tess have a personality in there somewhere? Asking for a friend.

7:38PM: Who else was thinking of 'A View to a Kill' when watching Aljaz and Kate's VT?

7:47PM: Imagine the size of the party popper.

7:49PM: ...yes, he's got a body.

7:55PM: Big.

8:07PM: I once accidentally played the opening riff to Shake Your Tail Feather on a harpsichord sound at a gig in Claridge's.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.