Mostly on the Road.


I suspect it’s going to be slightly harder to book at least the first half of next year’s Mostly Comedy season than usual.

For one, we’ve had a lot of high profile people play the club for the first time this year, plus a handful of extra gigs with which to use acts up. Our main setback though will be the fact a large percentage of the performers I’d usually turn to are out on tour next year and therefore unlikely to take on club gigs.

I suppose the best way to look at it is there are only really twelve shows that officially make up our Hitchin season, not including any extra dates we might slip in should an exciting act become available, plus those Edinburgh previews that’ll potentially make up another Mostly Comedy Festival in July at a time of year when always a lot of interest. Whatever the case, I’ll be happier when the first few line-ups are confirmed as at least then the seal is officially broken and we’re on our way; I just want the odd huge act in the roster that no-one would expect on the bill to keep things interesting; these days, booking stand-ups for the club is like being hoisted by the petard of our own success.

In the meantime, I already have a few irons in the fire for the first few dates, which will undeniably spike interest if they do it. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that one or two will come good; sadly a big name always makes a difference.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.