We All Fall Down.

Today, I finally got around to a job I've been meaning to do for weeks and pulled together a few paragraphs about this year's Edinburgh show to form the basis of a press release for it.

I haven't let the title slip here yet as far as I'm aware, so now's as good a time as any: my fourth solo show (and third solo EdFringe affair) is called 'David Ephgrave: My Part in His Downfall'. I toyed with a few other possibilities - and very nearly went with 'David Ephgrave's Chortle Enemy' - but am ultimately happy with my final choice, which offers a fair amount of scope. It's a concept that makes me laugh, which is half the battle won really - and while it obviously has a slight Spike Milligan aftertaste the joke's a little different, and I like how it suggests I'm only prepared to take partial credit for my misdemeanours.

The copy so far is an early draft that doesn't include any of my credits and hasn't been worked over by my PR, but I've included it below to give a suggestion of the route the show's headed; there'll be plenty more about it to come in my blog in the foreseeable future:

David Ephgrave: My Part in His Downfall:
 
In his fourth solo show, the 1991 Warner Wagtails talent contest-winner, frontman of 1998’s Best Band in Hertfordshire and 2002’s Most Promising Student David Ephgrave pinpoints where things went wrong.

Among the Daily Telegraph's 20 Funniest One-Liners and Comedy Central's 35 Funniest Jokes from 2017 Fringe.

A decade on from his first Fringe as the back-end of the double act Doggett & Ephgrave, the daily-blogging comic gives his thirty-seven years on the planet a quick onceover, taking blame or credit where it’s due.

“As smooth as they come” - BBC.co.uk

The show is drawn from David’s blog, which he’s kept since 2013, documenting the trials and tribulations of an actor, musician and comedian who’s stretched the definition of “up-and-coming” for sixteen years.

A very likeable standup, confident but not cocky, and a lot of fun to spend time with...a natural entertainer" - View From The Gods

Ephgrave casts his net wide as well as looking closer to home, shining a light on society’s failings to see if the career trajectory of a self-employed performer can offer insight to a world of Brexit, Putin and Trump.

“A refreshingly down to earth comedian…well-versed in the art of self-deprecation” - Edinburgh Festivals Magazine

How can one reviewer’s “devastatingly witty” be another’s “festival of mediocrity”? David shows you how.

“Will keep you smiling and giggling more than your usual noontime break” - Broadway Baby

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.