Hill Be Coming.


So, today was the day we booked Harry Hill for Mostly Comedy.

I’m well aware I just started a sentence with the word ‘so’, which is one of my personal bugbears, but I feel it’s appropriate in this context, on account of the fact it’s really quite impressive. I’ve been hoping to book him at Mostly for years, and it was in the last few months that it looked more likely it might happen eventually, but I didn’t expect it to be so soon; it’s certainly a lovely way to see us into our Summer break (when I’ll be in Edinburgh, so it’s less of a break for me).

Glyn and I met him once briefly, back in 2007, when I was doing the adult panto The Emperor’s Newd Clothes (which was a very clever joke) at Wycombe Town Hall on the same night he was on in the main house. We shared a quick exchange on walking past him backstage, tucking into his complimentary sandwiches; I can’t remember what was said now, as it was all so quick. My favourite moment of the evening was hearing him soundcheck the songs La Bamba and A Day in the Life over the theatre tannoy, arranged for car-horns; now, that’s entertainment.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.