Wish You Were Here.


Today I went on the hunt for two local postcards, as they’re part of Phill Jupitus’ requirements for Friday’s show.

I knew they’d definitely sell some in the Hitchin Initiative office, yet I still made it my last port of call, mostly because I like to keep a low profile and felt buying them would raise too many questions; ‘why would a guy who’s lived in Hitchin for years suddenly feel the need to buy souvenir postcards of the town?’ for one.

In the end, I needn’t have worried, as I generally managed to avoid their scrutiny. Apparently my actions weren’t as conspicuous as they felt. I then went back to our office to do a bit of writing and admin (as ever). It just so happened I received word from Phill’s production company saying they didn’t require eight of the ten company comps we’d held for them, so we put those eight tickets back on sale this evening to watch them get snapped up in just a matter of minutes to our mailing list. This was great as that extra money will prove very helpful on what is a very expensive night; in fact, it essentially covers the money we paid out to get a temporary host in for our date last week.

Writing-wise, things are moving pretty slowly at the moment, but are better than they were. It hasn’t helped that being ill has pretty much wiped my brain out, though thankfully, that’s improving now too; I don't need a lobotomy just yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.