A Firm Ticking Off.


Today was a day of pragmatically working through a list of admin that needed to be done to essentially clear the decks for me to get on with some writing.

I’ll often check things off a list when I have a few deadlines as it helps concentrate my mind on what needs doing, as well as giving me the sense that things are moving forward. Today I was particularly insistent and stuck to the list without deviation, even if it felt like, as ever, I was drowning in a sea of everything but the creative side of what I need to do; I knew that ultimately I’d thank myself for keeping at it, and I genuinely feel doing so will stand me in good stead for the next few weeks.

Much of what I did today makes for dull reading, but it was still worth it. I pulled together a blurb for the back of our St Albans Mostly Comedy flyer, wrote a press release for the middle of our three dates there, finished the artwork for my Bath Comedy Festival dates - as well as ordering it - and scheduled a mailing list mailout for this Thursday so I could wipe it from my mind in the week. I’ll still have to email the line-up for this week’s Mostly with all the details, but at least that’s the majority of that side of work done for a bit. It should also help stop me procrastinating, which I’m often prone to do. Even though I got it all done it still took longer than it should; oh, for a P.A.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.