Cat's Eyes and Ears.

My cat's on my lap so often at the moment you'd be forgiven for confusing me with Donald Pleasance's Blofeld if she weren't grey instead of white.

The fact she's so desperate for attention right now has coincided perfectly with a time when I really crave the company myself. It's nice to have a cat cuddle when you're not feeling your best as it reminds you of what's important. It's like a psychological and proverbial reset button that roots you back in the moment, which is pure mindfulness in action; there's something very simple and real about it, which can be really very comforting, even if she's just sitting on me to steal my warmth.

She's also been inadvertently helping me with my writing, by offering uncluttered moral support. In many ways she's my best critic; she certainly seems to like me whatever I do. Either way, I'm grateful for the distraction at a stressful time; aren't we all?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.