Paused.


I’m in the midst of what I’d best describe as a writer’s block when it comes to stand-up at the moment.

Try as I might, I just don’t seem to be getting anything done. I have lots of blogs I’m considering developing into material, but what’s stopping me, I think, is that I’m just not feeling funny, or at least, I haven’t got the spark of energy that usually comes from being inspired to see an idea through because you’re genuinely amused with it.

A lot of this is to do with a few imminent deadlines, which are making me try double-hard to finish things, but more for the sake of being able to move on than it being naturally complete; it’s all forced with one eye on the clock, which is the worst way to do anything creative; I really wouldn’t recommend it.

I’m not sure what to do really, other than give myself a break for a few days, so I can return to it with fresh ears. The problem is, I don’t really have the luxury of that time at the moment. I guess I’ll just have to come back to it tomorrow and see how I progress then. I just wish I had an editor who could sift through the hundreds of blogs I’ve written and pull out some good bits for me; sometimes I don’t know where to begin.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.