Wednesday, 12 April 2017

North London New Stuff.


I did a ten-minute spot of mostly new material at the lovely Famous First Words gig at the Gunners Pub in Arsenal tonight, making a point of not mentioning my parents' since-the-mid-1960s Spurs Season ticket in the process.

It's a Bed-in.


I messaged the promoter yesterday on a whim to see if he'd be prepared for me to stage an intervention with a bed sheet and a projector, so I could try some of my slideshow-based material; because he’s a decent chap, he said yes, which was great, as with my Bath work-in-progress dates looming on the horizon, the more chances I get to run stuff, the better.

Easily the most pleasing moment for me was when the video-based gag I opened with, which is my favourite new bit (and took a fair amount of time to edit) got a big laugh. This year’s show is at a very early stage, but I plan to sprinkle similar clips throughout it as a palate cleanser - and the fact this one worked gives me the impetus to see this through; not in time for Bath, but hopefully for Brighton.

It’s ridiculous that in all the years Glyn and I have been doing projector-based stuff, we’ve never used a white sheet as a backdrop instead of lugging a screen to the venue. I’d obviously always prefer a proper one, but if I’m travelling on my own it’s easier without, plus I had an inkling it would work at The Gunners as I'd been there before. This morning, I picked up a crisp double sheet (unfitted) from Argos and a few bulldog clips from Wilkinson, which did the trick. I arrived at the venue early enough to set everything up before anyone was there, so I didn’t worry the organiser with the amount of kit I'd brought. Now, I just need to get my head around my Bath dates this weekend; if only bedding wasn't the only new material available in Argos.

1 comment:

  1. Are You looking Polo shirts
    .
    best Polo shirts When looking for the best yachting Polo shirts in 2017,
    comfort should be one of the most important considerations. After all,

    you would surely not want to be in a
    situation wherein you would want to immediately get rid of your shirt because of the comfort that it provides.
    luxurious organic bamboo sheets
    luxurious bamboo sheets
    100% bamboo bed sheets
    silky bamboo sheets
    with Deep Pockets 300 Thread Count per square inch are most likely the silkiest and softest sheets.



    Exkash.org offers automatic and honest Bitcoin Exchange services worldwide.
    Exkash.org is one of the best bitcoin exchanges in USA that is
    mostly suggested and recommended by all bitcoin users. Sell more detail bitcoin nigerian


    Exkash.org offers automatic and honest Bitcoin Exchange services worldwide.
    Exkash.org is one of the best bitcoin exchanges in USA that is
    mostly suggested and recommended by all bitcoin users. Sell more detail bitcoin american
    Bitcoin Exchange




    Amazon Product SEO is as yet essential, you ought to likewise be actualizing At your showcasing collection.
    Before we get into the particular things you can do to rank higher on Amazon, it’s vital for you to comprehend the objective of amazon change rates. In the event that you’re posting will get Amazon more deals.That Will Exhibit To Amazon That Your Item Will Really Offer Once It Is Seen.

    ReplyDelete