High and Dry.


I'm in love with my dehumidifier.

Perhaps I've pitched my appreciation for my most recently acquired household appliance too highly. I don’t want my affection to be misconstrued; you need to be careful about what you put on the Internet. I’m not attracted to my dehumidifier. I don’t crave intimacy with it. I’ve never dreamt of us growing old together; both living off my comfortable pension (ha); me, surprisingly sprightly in my late nineties, and my beloved EcoAir ECO DD122 Desiccant Dehumidifier still fully functioning, despite having long been rendered obsolete.

When I say I’m in love with it, what I actually mean is it's extremely satisfying to use. There’s something strangely rewarding about emptying its two-litre reservoir at the end of the day, even though the only part I played in the deal was switching it on. Still, it couldn’t have done it without me.

What is this new-found fascination with moisture removal? It’s like my Window Vac obsession all over again. Whatever the reason, I now know what I want for for Christmas: one of those sucky pipes that dentists put in your mouth when they’re working on your teeth. Or do they only do that to me?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.