It's a Stick-up.


This morning, I made use of “the nation’s favourite adhesive tack”. Who am I to dispute their impressive boast?


The reason I was armed to the teeth with sticky blue stuff was I was out distributing posters for July’s Mostly Comedy Summer Special around Hitchin. Sticking flyers in shop windows has been a monthly job for the past seven years. It’s not something I enjoy – I have to initiate conversations, for a start – but it’s a necessity. It helps spread the word about the club and give us a presence in town.

Some people are very nice about putting up posters and others aren't. I understand why; who’s to say you should advertise someone else's event within your own business? That said, it helps give a suggestion of community; something Hitchin is keen to create.

The time we most evident in town was when we had a banner up in the Market Place. This was just after we moved to the Market Theatre. It was only a small thing (well, it was big in actuality), but it was still exciting. It reminded us of how much the club had grown. We may have designed the banner and put it up ourselves, but that wasn’t the point. It was still an achievement – and what made it better was we didn’t have to use blue tack. 


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.