IYIE #11.


Last night, we prerecorded the next 'Doggett & Ephgrave: In Your Inner Ear', as I have a gig on Sunday.

It’s both worrying and impressive to note that, on completing the recording, we’d reached a total of twenty-two hours of us wittering on. That’s a lot of blabbering, in anyone’s books. By a week Sunday, there’ll be a day’s worth of In Your Inner Ears available to download from the SG1 website. I can only imagine the force behind the fist of the person who’d want to punch me in the face after listening to them all in real time. I wouldn’t begrudge them hitting me; in fact, I’d condone it.

The topic for last night’s show, as I mentioned in yesterday’s blog, was ‘life’, which was suitably vague. It gave Glyn, Steve and me another chance to vent our collective spleen over the many ludicrous situations we find ourselves in in everyday life. Steve’s stories were particularly entertaining. I never knew that the handlebars came off his bike during his cycling proficiency test, or that the examiner offered him the chance to complete the test on foot – and there was me thinking we’d discussed everything.

The show ended with the catchily-titled ‘If You Don’t Know Me By Now, You’ll Never, Never, Never Know Me Quiz’, in which me and Glyn tested the knowledge our knowledge of each other. See below for my questions to Glyn. Tune in to Sunday's show to hear the answers:

 
1)  Why didn’t I learn to swim as a child?

2)  What prompted my parents to give me my intended birthday present of a Paul Daniels Magic Set early as a child?

3)  What’s the name of my older brother?

4)  What comment did my dad make about a barmaid immediately after proposing to my mum that made her think twice about saying yes?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.