In Your Inner Ear, Mark VII.


Tonight, we broadcast our first live episode of ‘Doggett & Ephgrave: In Your Inner Ear’ in three weeks.

As with our previous live show, the lead-up was frenetic, due to a last-minute problem with our mics; these technical issues seem to follow us about. Once they were ironed out, the show was a lot of fun. The topic of conversation was ‘school’, which gave us the chance to vent plenty of deep-seated frustrations on the subject that have been pent up for twenty years; I suspect we’ve enough material on the theme to fill an entire series.

Glyn mentioned how being hit in the eye by a bouncy ball led to the school-wide bouncy ball ban, while I discussed my first ever live performance: a one-man dance to Hale & Pace’s 1991 Comic Relief single The Stonk on a desktop in an assembly. I also revealed my heated argument with a boy at infant school, because I was sure that babies came out of women’s bums; sex education at St. Nicholas JMI left a lot to be desired.

For most of the show we were ranting about teachers. Our co-host Stephen Halliday went to the same secondary school as me, so we had a lot of stories in common. I wonder if anyone listening was in our class and shared our memories? I guess we’ll never know. This is probably for the best, as we're clearly very bitter.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.