Hard Day's Month.


The last few weeks have been hard. 

This has been for a number of different reasons; some personal, some professional. I'm trying to stay positive, though this can be difficult. 
  
My way of coping when things are bad, is to keep busy. The natural instinct is to withdraw, but I try my best to fight this; to not give things time to gestate.

My job doesn't help. In acting, rejections are constant. No-one will commit to you until the last minute, yet they expect you to remain committed to them. Much of my work is self-created, which can make things worse. If I'm in somebody else's show, I can remain detached. This becomes harder when it's your own product. It's much more personal, plus you have no-one else to chivvy you along; no boss to seek guidance from, other than yourself. 

That said, not all is bad. I have exciting things on the horizon in the coming months. I must keep this in sight. Things could be a lot worse. 

Today is a brand new day - and so is the day after that. This may be a platitude, but all clichés have their foundation in truth. It will all come out in the wash. 

(Sorry, that's one cliché too many.)

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.