Sotto Voce.


I have a casting this afternoon, despite having almost completely lost my voice.

Thankfully, this shouldn’t be a problem, as the part doesn’t have any dialogue. At least, that’s what the breakdown implies. You can never be certain about what they'll throw at you; I may arrive to find they expect me to give my King Lear.

(Not that I have a King Lear to give in the first place. I learnt one of Edmund’s speeches at college, but that’s about it.)

Even if I don’t have to speak in the casting, it’ll still be awkward. Just giving my name on the door will provoke confusion. I baffle people at the best of times; imagine what it will be like now my voice resembles a cross between Phyllis from Coronation Street and Linda Blair in The Exorcist.

I promise not to do anything inappropriate with a crucifix.

THE AFTERMATH.

I’m pleased to report that the casting went well, despite my aural similarity to Rod Stewart. There weren’t any lines, which was a relief. I also somehow managed to find enough voice to say my name and agent without sounding like a sexual deviant.

Perhaps I can make a living as a silent performer. It worked for the cast of The Artist. Either that, or I'll find someone to dub all my future work.

Bagsy Brian Blessed.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.