Rehearsing and Booking.


Today, I did a couple of runs of my show to remind myself of it ready for my dates at Leicester Square Theatre at the end of the week.

These went much as I’d expected, with the first run feeling a bit scratchy and indistinct and the second feeling more robust. It’s always the way when you’ve put something down for a little while to pick it up again: you start off with the sense of it pretty much intact but without the finite detail, then the rest of it starts to come back; all it should take is a little tinkering with the detail tomorrow morning and then another full run in the afternoon to get it back up-to-speed.

It didn’t help that my vertigo is still pretty bad, which makes concentration difficult, but I should be okay as long as I don’t overdo it. It’s frustrating though, as working through it today was very tiring, as everything feels twice as hard (but the good thing is I don’t moan about it).

The other thing I did today was finalise the line-up for February’s Mostly Comedy. I confirmed Henning Wehn for the show yesterday evening, which has already got a lot of interest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so I’m expecting it will be another quick seller, which is great. That’s the never-ending nature to running a comedy club, where you always want to better or equal what you’ve had recently. At least 2018 already looks set for a strong start what with this, Phill Jupitus, Simon Munnery and Brian Gittins; on it goes, on it goes.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.