Wii Are Family.


Today, my wife and I met up with my parents for a session playing on the Wii.

The idea was mooted during a spell of board-gaming on Boxing Day as something that might be fun, and it was. The fact my wife was the only one of us to be particularly familiar with the console was a bit of a leveller; my mum and dad had never touched one before, while I seldom use a Wii remote for anything more strenuous than browsing Netflix.

We started with ten-pin bowling, which was a gentle way in, before going for a more challenging round of golf, followed by a few Wii Party games. No-one took it too seriously; not even my mum, which was surprising, based on past evidence. It felt like something we’ll do again. Nobody accidentally threw the remote at the telly either, which was a bonus.

It’s nice to be doing more social things together. It makes a change from meeting up for the odd meal now and then, which will always be a little staid in comparison. My dad cooked for us after we’d finished competing, which was a good way to round things off. We managed to offload a bagful of unwanted Bounty Celebrations on him too, which was a bonus. It’s good to have the little coconuty bastards out of the house.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.