University Challenged: Volume Six (11.01.16)


For me, no Monday would be complete without a spot of Twitter bitching about the teams competing in that night's University Challenge. It’s my least appealing characteristic, second to the features sprouting from the front side of my head.

I’d been unable to luxuriate in my predilection for student-contestant unpleasantness for few weeks, due to BBC2 airing a handful of Celebrity UC specials; those quasi-famous participants weren’t good fodder. This week, I was back with a vengeance. See below for Monday's posts; they weren't big or clever.



8:08pm: Queen's Belfast's Mallon could kill you with one look.

8:09pm: Paxman, channelling Alan Partridge. #Moribund

8:10pm: Clegg and Russell look like children dressed as the middle-aged.

8:11pm: Sowood nearly burst while saying "Pulsar".

8:13pm: Mallon drank from the wrong grail in The Last Crusade.

8:15pm: Bon Jovi? BON JOVI?!

8:17pm: The day Russell grows anything approaching facial hair, I'll eat my hat.

8:20pm: St John's Clegg.



8:21pm: Ruddy Shimmins sounds like a censored swear.

8:24pm: After the show, Mallon punished the rest of his team for every incorrect answer, in his sex basement.

8:28pm: Just when you've recovered from the irritation of being subjected to a team-member's face, they cut to another.

    Popular posts from this blog

    Shakerpuppetmaker.

    Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

    Hoo-ray and up She Rises.