Politi-parp.


If you asked me what my favourite picture of a British Prime Minister pulling a face like they’re making a high-pitched fart noise was, after much consideration, I’d go with this:



It was hard to whittle it down to just one choice, if I’m honest. It was up against some pretty stiff competition. But if I had to pick my gaseously political photographic front-runner, I’d reluctantly - yet assuredly - point you in the direction of the photo above; the only instance in my life in which a Tory gets my vote. 

I have to admire his commitment to his pose. He's striking it with the presence and poise of an experienced world leader – but when you’re standing at a lectern in front of a Union Jack, you can’t pussyfoot about. It’s not a time to show weakness. That's why he threw in a ‘pull my finger’.

(The sound he making, incidentally, is this.)

Say what you like about David Cameron (and I'd like to offer up the phrase “Five-headed toff”), at least he’s got the human touch. He’s not afraid to stoop to the level of the general public. He's even appeared on the odd game show:


The polo shirt and pseudonym didn't fool me.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.