"Practise Makes...Practised."


Today, I've been working methodically through everything I needed to do to get ‘…and Ephgrave’ back on its feet for tomorrow.

I feel like I’ve been pretty productive.  It’s hard to motivate yourself when you’re working on your own as your brain will throw as many avoidance strategies into the ring as possible. To combat this, I’ve been writing a daily checklist. It helps me keep an eye on the endgame and to prioritise on the essentials; in reality, my checklist reads ‘BE FUNNY’, twenty-three times.

(“No TV and no beer makes Homer something, something.”)

I would have liked an outside eye on a run or two this week, for constructive criticism. It’s nice to have a few last-minute pointers to focus on. At least I’ve done the show before, so it’s not alien territory. It's still work-in-progress. Either way, I’m ending today far happier with where the show’s at. I just need to get it back in front of an audience - which is good, as I’ll be doing that tomorrow.

(…provided there are a handful of interested punters.)

I’ll keep my blog post brief today, as I need to rest my tiny, tired cerebrum. I like to close with Latinistic euphemism.
...Camdenand Ephgrave.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.