Retake on Me.


In typical me-style, I had to rerecord a jingle from scratch that I wrote today to put into my show when the file decided to corrupt at the last minute, after having worked on it for a couple of hours.

To be honest, the end result actually came out better after remaking it and it didn’t take as long to do, but it was frustrating when all I wanted was to relax for my penultimate evening at home before I bugger off to Scotland. It was one of those classic ‘should have saved it earlier’ situations, but it worked out all right in the end, so I don’t have much to complain about.

There’ll be a lot to fit in tomorrow before I go, inevitably, but hopefully it won’t be too stressful a day. I treated myself to a couple of new suitcases today; I’ve been using the same one for touring since I first did Buddy back in 2005, so I think it was time for an upgrade. I also renewed my railcard that was conveniently set to run out tomorrow and sent a few Edinburgh-related emails, so I’ve done pretty well. The one thing I haven’t had time to do is look over the show, but hopefully I’ll get the chance to do that tomorrow, slipping in the new song I recorded today somewhere and working in some new material around it. It’s finally edging toward being finished, which is a relief; there’s nothing like leaving things close to the wire.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.