Little Victories.


I derive far too much pleasure and satisfaction from being the first person off of a train and through the ticket barrier.

I consciously plan ahead for it. It's pathetic. I'll position myself in the optimum carriage (the second from the front for Hitchin; the first for King's Cross) and will be by the door with my ticket in my hand before we pull into the platform.

I do this because: (1) I'm late, (2) it's late, or (3) because I'm a bit of a dick. 

I'm never rude about it. I don't push and shove; I use subtlety and stealth to ensure I'm out first.  

If alighting from public transport was an Olympic sport, I'd probably be a multiple gold medallist. 


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.