Je Suis Fatigué


Today I’m very tired.

I made the mistake of writing yesterday’s blog late last night, as we went out for the evening – and now I’m paying for it. I went to bed at about 2am, then had to get up first thing; consequently, I’m finding it difficult to concentrate. I keep starting blogs on different subjects, then losing interest in the topic.

I guess this is allowed: today is my eightieth consecutive daily blog – and not every day is going to be easy. Inspiration isn’t a bottomless pit.

If nothing else, I’m proud of myself for sticking with it. I’ve definitely felt the benefit; it’s kept my brain ticking over and forced me to think more creatively. It’s also getting easier; words generally flow more freely than when I started.

Today I’ll keep it brief. There’s no point in forcing something for the sake of it. If nothing else, I’ve got a few ideas on the boil that I can return to when my brain is back to full capacity.

Not to self: writing and tiredness don’t mix.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.