Weer All Crazee Now.

I like Noddy Holder's music, but I can't abide his staff payment policy.

Topical.
To say, "We're living in unprecedented times" is an understatement. The day-to-day escalation's anxiety-provoking to the extreme. As a self-employed actor, I'm hugely worried about my livelihood, and the irony that now's a time when I would have expected to feel more secure than usual - because of the money I inherited when my dad passed away - isn't lost; the truth is that once I've bought a relative out of my dad's house and settled as much debt as I can manage, there'll be nothing left; it would help if this relative would consider an amount more representative of the fact they're dealing with an immediate family member, but they won't discuss it, so that's that.

Yesterday, a good friend lost their job with zero notice as a byproduct of the circumstances. It's frightening how things can change so quickly. As for me, everything I do to keep myself tiding over is on pause until we're allowed to congregate in crowds bigger than two (though, to be fair, that's a good-sized Fringe audience).

The trick is to keep scanning for positives. After all, we're all in the same boat. And some are worse off (and that's before you factor in the people who are ill). At least the weather's been good, which helps with mood management. And being careful now should stand up in good stead for the long run, though if they cancel this, I'll lose my shit (literally).

Don't tell Biff.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.