Roll Up, Roll Up.

I'm surprised the Mostly Comedy Festival's not selling as well as last year's at the moment, outside of the Dr John Cooper Clarke date, which is long sold out.

Perhaps the fact the sold-out gig is markedly more expensive than our other dates (we had to keep in line with the rest of his tour) has had a negative impact. Or more likely, I haven't been promoting it enough lately, but it's hard to find the time when there's so much other stuff to do; today, I had a worrying moment when I finally turned the page on my calendar to see how alarmingly close the Fringe is now, and I'm nowhere near ready. And the inevitable extra admin brought on by lack of money and all those cancelled previews is a perfect storm of stress to add to the equation; it's not a lot of fun.

The trick will have to be making every day count for the next few weeks, and to very quickly get to the point of putting down the admin and picking up the show itself. It doesn't have to be too intricate or complicated - I always intended it to be a 'Best Of' and that's unavoidable now, but I do have to ensure I find the time to actually enjoy it, except doing that requires a little mental space to reset.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.