Big In Small Places.

Today, my wife and I took the promotional image for this year's Edinburgh show, so all that's left now is to write it.

(And find a technician and flyers, and work out how to get my dog there. And organise shipping of my luggage and equipment, and raise the rest of the money. So nothing much, then.)

While time's super-tight for all of the above, I do have flashes of positivity about what's ahead. After all, the show is knowingly a compilation of old material and not a new entity. That was always my intention even before losing my dad, so there's no shame in it still being the case; it's like a placeholder, a premise that conveniently fits the title, 'Niche'. So fuck it.

As previously mentioned we set the shot up yesterday, to make today less stressful. After all, it's never fun to split focus between the mechanics of a photo to being its subject. Consequently, it didn't take too long to get something we were happy with, which was a blessed relief as it was actually quite hot in the cupboard under the stairs. Still, I'm quite pleased with the result, though the first person to make a joke about me coming out of the closet gets a glare.

Man finds his niche.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.