Screentime.

I spend too much time in front of my computer at the moment.

When you're constantly back-footed by circumstances, life can feel like a race to make the most of every second. That's how it is right now for me, as I juggle sorting my dad's healthcare with running Mostly Comedy and planning for Edinburgh and the various work-in-progress dates in between. As it stands, I feel like I'm running-on-empty and it doesn't take much to overwhelm me, which is not the best starting point for anyone.

All I want is the mental space to prepare for what's ahead, but that doesn't seem like an option. It's not helped by the fact my vestibular migraines have been bad lately, which has helped my concentration no end; it's very hard to negotiate myself around seemingly judgemental people who don't know the reason I'm veering toward them awkwardly is due to my dizziness.

The trick is to give your day some semblance of a structure as, without it, stress-levels rise. Meditation's another thing to turn to, though I sometimes find this difficult too; perhaps I should climb into an iron lung and be done with it. Watch this space.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.