Such a Phoney.

"Anyone who accidentally put their mobile phone through the washing machine today, please raise your hand."

(David puts his hand up, sheepishly.)

It's fair to say this was something I could have done without, and yet I did it anyway. It was a brief lapse on my part, yet still enough to justify my phone laying in a bed of rice for the rest of the evening with its little green LED light stuck on and glowing from the deep ominously. I've yet to learn the extent of the damage though at the moment it won't switch off, which isn't a good sign.

That's what comes from doing too much at once. I'd just got back from sprinting through Hitchin with my massive dog on the end of a string and thought I'd quickly put some washing on. I piled it all up and carried it into the kitchen with my mobile nestled on top of it and then somehow managed to post it all in the machine and switch it on without realising. It was only when I told my wife I couldn't find it that she noticed the ominous rattling coming from the washing machine and I realised my mistake. Bugger it.

Of course, as soon as you damage your phone you realise how much you use it. Here's hoping I can get it fixed or replaced soon as, without it, I'll be forced to strike up conversations with the people in the same room. 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.