We Want You.

Much of today was taken up with filming a self-tape audition video for a casting that came through Spotlight.

This inevitably meant I didn't get around to the things I'd earmarked for the day, but such is life. It was still productive, though the technology was not playing ball for much of it. For one, I was doing a lot of balancing of devices on top of guitar cases etc so I could film myself - which I'm sure Spielberg does constantly - and then hoping for the best. I was also trying to tick all the boxes of their quite specific requirements within my limited set-up.

It was nice to have a casting enquiry come in for a change. It serves to reiterate how different things could be if I had good representation again. When I saw the reference images for the person I'd be playing if I got the job, I could see completely why they'd asked for me, but it would be nice for this stuff to not come up once in a blue moon; just think how many things that could be perfect for me I just miss.

One negative that came up as a result of today's impromptu filming was the visual reminder of the weight I've put on recently. I think I'd stand a better chance of getting jobs like this if I was my usual build. I need to get back on top of this as I don't like the look of the person I currently see in the mirror and onscreen.

One pleasant thing that came up this evening was I met my mum for dinner, having not seen her properly for weeks. We had a long chat about stuff to do with my dad and generally caught up. This is another thing we should do more often; I must make more effort in future.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.