Dull Wednesday.

I spent much of today registering this year's Edinburgh show, although I kept being sidetracked by other things that need doing too.

I was mainly distracted by the renewal of Glyn's and my public liability insurance, which expires at the end of March. We're in a frustrating situation as regards cash flow, which is being exasperated by a long line of bills that need or needed settling over the last few weeks. The main culprit that's made everything so tight was the hire fee for the Town Hall for July's Dr John Cooper Clarke date; a show that's selling excellently, but the fact the venue costs had to be met in advance long before we receive settlement hasn't helped us. Add an accountant bill, web space and domain-name renewal, a string of extra expenses for last month's Mostly Comedy plus the usual office rent and act fees, and suddenly we're brassic; everything will ultimately settle, but not without carefully moving some money about.

The fine art of finance is not my strongest suit and isn't where I'd choose to be focussing my attention right now. If I'm honest, I'd sooner not be doing Fringe admin either; it's boring and soul-destroying and a million miles from where I'd like my mind to be. Business is all part of being professionally creative, but it can take over, and I'm sick of it. I also crave some help and encouragement, which I haven't had in ages. I'm tired of being wholly self-sufficient and in some sort of industry blackspot; perhaps I should call this year's Edinburgh show 'David Ephgrave Isn't Shit'.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.