Health Yourself.

I spent most of today in a corridor of Lister Hospital A&E, waiting for my dad to be checked over after an as yet-to-be-explained fall left him on his hallway floor overnight, unable to get up.

Today's the third time he's ended up in casualty in a year - all for different reasons - so the feeling of uncertainty's become too familiar. I went with him in the ambulance after receiving a call from my mum this morning, who found him at the foot of the stairs when she popped over to visit. She initially thought he had fallen down them, which thankfully wasn't the case, but his initial confusion about what had occurred spelt worry as the last time he'd been this incoherent he'd received a nearly fatal bleed to the brain.

That day was truly terrible. Thankfully today wasn't as extreme, but we're still worried about him. They've kept him in overnight for tests and broadly speaking they're happy, but I hope he comes home soon and reverts to his normal self as his palliative care has been a rollercoaster and he could do with some normality. As could we all. One thing's for certain: the staff at Lister are exceptional. I tip my hat to them (or at least I would if I was wearing one).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.