Mostly Funsize.

Tonight's Mostly Comedy was a slightly lower key affair than usual but was a great night nevertheless with a lovely line-up.

Tonight's lovely Hitchin Mostly Comedy line-up from left to right: me, Glyn, Norman Lovett, Bec Hill & Alison Thea-Skot.

We weren't as busy as we have been lately - but then you can't always sell out - though we still had a good house. The bill was also one of the nicest you could share a stage with, with Bec Hill and Alison Thea-Skot rocking the first half, while Norman Lovett closed the night. I'm confident that anyone who knows the comedy circuit well would want to see a night like that; I know I would, even if I wasn't at such close quarters.


Alison Thea-Skot displays the whole gamut of emotions at Hitchin Mostly Comedy (21.03.19).

I'm glad it fell that way this week as all of the stuff with my dad has left me pretty weary and unenthused about performing. Today wound up being no better, with me receiving a call from my mum as I arrived at the venue, telling me he'd had another episode and as a result was taken back into hospital to stay at least another night. Thankfully, I knew everything was in hand so I could turn my attention back to running the gig, though I was inevitably a little stressed and torn to not be helping out.


Bec Hill works her flipchart magic at Mostly Comedy (21.03.19)

The only downside to tonight was the low sales put us at a financial loss at a time that's hard to weather it, though there are a number of shows in the not-too-distant future that should redress the balance. And anyway, you have to accept not every gig can be rammed; sometimes, it's a case of quality over quantity.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.