'Ardly.

Yesterday's Mostly Comedy was another good one, though this was pretty inevitable with Ardal O'Hanlon on the bill.


Ardal at last night's show.

It's only the second time he's appeared at the club, with his first visit being almost exactly two years ago to the day. What was evident from the off was how nice he is, as well as being generous with praise; the first thing he said as I walked backstage after Glyn's and my opening set was, "That was a very strong beginning; it was great"; kind words from a performer I've always rated very highly and looked up to since I first became aware of him from Father Ted back in the day.


Daniel Cook in the blue.

The other act on the bill last night is also a special one and a very nice chap - my former venue-buddy from two years' worth of Edinburgh Fringes, Daniel Cook - who's only ever appeared on a Mostly bill once before, when he shared a preview with me at The Market Theatre as part of our first Mostly Comedy Festival last year. I was fortunate to have him follow me in my Edinburgh room in 2016 and 2017, which was a pain-free experience as we got on easily, plus he was never flustered by my sometimes close-to-the-wire get-out.


Me, explaining Norman Lovett to the masses.

Glyn and I kept it very simple last night and just did our manualism material, which surprisingly got a good response considering how often it feels we've done it, though perhaps that's a slightly skewed observation borne from years of doing it. Whatever the case, it was well-recied. I decided not to do anything solo as I wasn't really in the modd, but hopefully things would be better tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.