Yin and Me.


My ongoing saga of being included in best jokes lists thickened considerably today when I received a Google Notification to say I’d been featured in another gag rundown in i Newspaper next to a line by Billy Connolly (a comedian it’s fair to say is pretty highly-rated).

Happy to take the neighbouring paragraph.

A closer look at the article only served to underline the ridiculousness of it, as I skim-read the list of comics in front of me to discover they were pretty much all household names - including Victoria Wood, Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle, David Mitchell, Peter Kay, Stephen Fry and Ken Dodd - with me standing proud as the one anomaly; I know these lists are totally arbitrary, but I’m more than happy to share a page in their company; even if it is with a joke that’s almost intentionally bad.

The most bizarre thing about the whole gags list situation is the jokes that crop up stand at odds with the type of comedy I do, which is normally a lot more situation driven and story-based; I’m not adverse to the odd one-liner, but it’s not where my instinct usually takes me, though I can appreciate how the bite-sized nature of a joke is a good bridge into doing what I do. Still, if it gets people vaguely interested in me as a comedian, that’s great; perhaps eventually certain websites will even list me as one, though I won’t hold my breath.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.