Dogged Ephgrave.


I think I’m starting to get used to this having a dog malarkey.

He’s settled in with remarkable ease and is no trouble at all really. He’s currently asleep next to me on the sofa and - despite being officially fucking massive - somehow manages to take up so little space. It’s nice to have his company during the day when I’m working, although we still need to get him gradually used to spending a little time on his own so I can go out without a big dog in tow (today was a good example when I narrowly missed out on a hair cut as the shop had closed early by the time my wife had finished work and got back to take over the dog-sitting; consequently I’m going to loaf around tomorrow like some kind of long-haired layabout.

I’m also grateful for the chance of extra exercise, having become increasingly lapse with getting out of the house in the months since Edinburgh. At the moment I tend to take him out for around an hour in the morning, and either my wife or I will take him out for half an hour or so in the evening too.

It will also be nice to have him around for Christmas. My wife’s taking him to her mum’s tomorrow, but he’ll be here for the majority of it, being big and slobbery. In that case, he should fit in perfectly.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.