In the Dog House,


The past few days have mostly been about getting our new dog Elwood settled in.

So far, by some miracle, it’s been no challenge at all as he’s the picture of good behaviour. He’s obviously still learning the boundaries, but he barely if ever tests them. As I write he’s asleep on the sofa next to me – for a big dog he somehow manages to fold himself in such a way as to take up minimal space, except for phase two of his sleep pattern, which involves sticking all his paws in mid-air while being dead to the world, which also putting his private parts very much on display; he takes after his new owner in so many ways, it’s ridiculous.

While it’s all been alarmingly sedate and pleasant so far, we’re aware things could change as he gets more confident, but I can’t see him ever being much less soppy. Tonight I took him out for a walk which he decided to turn into a canter, sprinting down the street with me a step behind him; I know I probably looked stupid, but I actually really enjoyed it, plus it was a window into what will hope me regain my fitness a  bit and blow my recent weight gain out of the wanted; That’s my hope at least.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.