Living Next Door to Lemmon.

Here I was, about to write a blog about watching the Billy Wilder film 'The Apartment', when I did a quick search to discover I wrote one on the subject the last time I saw it.

While I obviously felt suitably inspired to discuss how much I enjoyed it and how good I thought Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine's performances were, there isn't much point when I've already covered it. Such is the nature of writing a blog nearly every day for the past five years: it's more likely than not that any topic you're interested in you've already deliberated to some extent, particularly for an excuse to fill a page when your inspiration's a little tested.

The only thing I want to reiterate is how great Jack Lemmon is in it; he's effortlessly and undeniably  brilliant without missing a beat. It's the sort of performance that makes me wish I was in the film myself (this, even though it was made twenty-one years before I was born); it's real while also being very funny; Lemmon is the kind of man you want to be or be like, depending on how much you want to commit to  it.

As with yesterday's post, if you haven't seen The Apartment, I heartedly suggest you give it a shot; like the majority of films Lemmon made, it's heartwarming and moving in equal measures.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.