Dog Days.

Today, my wife and I went on an expedition to introduce our new dog Elwood to my parents.

We drove to my Dad's with Elwood in tow, who once again displayed perfect travel etiquette. From the moment they met him I think my dad in particular was smitten, repeatedly offering to look after him whenever we need it. I was particularly glad this was his reaction as he's not been very well lately, so it would be nice for Elwood to be a positive influence in his own way.

After he'd had a good explore around the house, we took him out to the garden, which is secure enough for us to let him off the lead without issue (he said, tempting fate). Once he'd realised he was free to run about he made the most of it by galloping around like a nutter. We then got out his squeaky ball (who's his nemesis, second only to squirrels) and played fetch, while he shot about the garden in his element.

After that, we had a cup of tea with my parents and my mum handed over some treats she'd been given for her dog that she thought she'd donate for the cause; Elwood made short work of one, so I think he approved. All in all, I'd say the meeting was a success; top work Elwood.

One Man and His Dog.




Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.