It's Only a Number.


Yesterday, I genuinely had to use an online calculator to work out my age.

Don’t misconstrue this too much; I knew the ballpark figure, I just couldn’t remember the exact number, and rather than do the simple mathematics to work it out, like so many teenagers around me, I turned to the internet; why carry information in my head that’s only a Google search away?

It’s still a little worrying; thank God I know Prime Minister’s name (much to my chagrin) and the current year, or I’d be making myself a doctor’s appointment. I think it’s safe to say this was a temporary mental blank and not something ominous. It’s not as if it was a shock to learn I’m in my late thirties, other than the sense that the time has gone so fast. Imagine how distressing it would have be for Cliff Richard; there aren't enough digits in our numerical system to document him. 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.