These Boots Aren't Made For Walking.


A couple of weeks ago, I invested in a new pair of boots. I was very happy with them until just a few days later, when they started to fall apart.

It wasn’t as if I’d put them through any undue stress. I’d just been walking. I don’t think I have a particularly unusual gait. There must be something about my style of footfall that modern footwear just can’t take.

(Footwear that costs £19.99, anyway.)

Today, I headed into town with the sole intention of swapping my hobo boots for an identical - but less battered - pair. Unfortunately, this wasn’t to be. After a few minutes of wandering around Shoe Zone in my socks, I called off the search; they were nowhere to be seen. 

It seems that they've been discontinued (presumably because they fall apart in a week). There was only one other pair in the shop within a similar price range. I swapped them, grudgingly.

There’s something about my new boots that isn’t quite right. They make me feel like a toddler walking around in his mother’s high heels.

Not that I ever did that.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.