Quick, Fit, Fitter.

I'm trying to get back into shape.

I’ve recently put on weight; not enough for other people to notice, but I’m personally very aware of it. It’s come as a shock, as I’ve been the same size for most of my adult life.

It’s probably partly to do with the fact that I've not been gigging as much as I used to. When I was in the Buddy show, I was always pretty active. It was a good workout; by the end of Act Two, I'd come off drenched in sweat.

(Go on. Picture it.)

I now spend far too much time sat in coffee shops. I've been eating more and moving less. I'm also careering toward my mid-thirties, which is notoriously bad on the waist.

I'm going to pull my finger out of my arse, proverbially speaking. This morning, on my way back from town, I took a detour up a couple of steep hills. I then did an hour-long circuit of the outskirts of Hitchin this afternoon.

(Walking, not running. I haven't completely lost my mind.)

I’d better nip this expanding waistline in the bud before I start buying clothes from Jacamo.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.