Street Flattering Man.

I was walking into town the other day, doing my best to keep a low profile, when a little unexpected kindness lifted my morale a bit.

I'd just got home from my early-morning dog-walk and had quickly sorted myself to head back out to get my hair cut. Unfortunately, my vestibular migraine was at full-tilt and I had the general demeanour of a man trying to slip by unnoticed; to be honest, I'd exit my body while in the barber's chair, let alone on my way to it.

As I walked along the main road, two guys came towards me chatting to each other, and I instinctively tried to shrink into myself. As they got closer, one flagged me down with an "Ah, Mr Ephgrave" and held out a hand for me to shake it.
"Hello", I replied, a little confused.
Picking up on my confusion, he countered with, "We're big fans of your work."

I didn't expect that. It was a little shot of generosity, probably inspired by all the attention my Edinburgh fundraising got. I'm sure they were fans of Mostly Comedy rather than me specifically, but it still meant a lot; it beat the standard "Bearded twat" abuse.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.