Mostly Regicide.

Tonight's Mostly Comedy saw the club sink just that little bit more comfortably into its new home of Hitchin Town Hall with a suitably busy gig (with just over 200 attending) and a suitably big name to close in the form of Reginald D Hunter.

Reginald D Hunter at Hitchin Mostly Comedy (19.09.19)
The point hammered home was how nice everyone at the Town Hall is and how easy setup is compared to all our other bases. We're still getting used to not having to do as much as previously, but it's a lovely problem to have, particularly when our time together's so tight; I arrived a little before Glyn at 4:30pm and we were still long done by about 6:45pm, which was unheard of back-in-the-day; I even had time to get changed and eat, which was a bonus.

The show itself went well too. Both Lynn Ruth Miller and Reginald D Hunter were great and charming in their inimitable way and the audience reaction was fantastic. Admittedly, the gig loses intimacy in a room this size, but such is the price of the club's success (though I hope it continues to fit nicely).

Lynn Ruth Miller at Hitchin Mostly Comedy (19.09.19)
While the gig went well, I wouldn't strictly say I enjoyed it. This was no fault of the event so much as my mindset what with everything going on being the scenes; there's a lot to weather in my personal life at the moment that's proving difficult. And once again Mostly becomes the yardstick with which I measure my situation, and while it's good to see it grow, it's a hollow victory when I put everything else into consideration.    

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.