To BBC or not BBC; That is the Question.

Today, the Edinburgh fundraising machine (which may be overselling it) saw donations pass the £2000 mark, which was splendid, although there's still a long way to go (says the eternal pessimist).

One thing that should certainly help things along is an article about my predicament, which was published on the BBC News website this afternoon. It came about, following a conversation with the journalist Alex Pope after being alerted to the situation after seeing my story pop up on Twitter; proof once again of the positive power social media can have. We spoke with me firmly in the knowledge that nothing may come from our chat, but it was another metaphorical iron in the fire, so to speak.

I can't help but wonder what my dad would have made of the attention levelled in his direction if you could remove the context. I'm pretty sure he would have been flattered, proud and pleased that it was helping me. I know he would be frustrated to have been part of the cause of my predicament, even though it was just by accident; it just wasn't our priority when things turned bad, understandably. It still isn't, really, though I should definitely have a proper think about the show's content soon, or I'll have the wherewithal to get to the Fringe without something solid to take up there.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.