Gimme All Your Money...

After much mulling over, I set up a Just Giving page yesterday, in the hope of pulling together some of the money needed for this year's Edinburgh show.

I'm still torn about what to do in the wake of all the difficult family stuff that's been going on, which is magnified by my Edinburgh stress, the loss of my dad and my PIP having stopped. If I'm honest, I don't feel I've picked myself up since my mood dropped soon after last year's Fringe and I haven't written anything of note since; I don't really know why that happened, other than potentially being a symbol of my frustration that I'd put together the show I was proudest of for it to sink without a trace (although this was more to do with the time of day I was on and the oversaturation of the Fringe than anything.

After much internal and external debate, I set up the crowd-funding page yesterday afternoon; a number of people on Twitter suggested it as a possibility - something I'd always known might be the case - but I always assumed it would be unlikely to ignite much interest. That said, at time of going to press, £500 has already been donated, with some lovely messages of support popping up on the page, which is very encouraging. Who knows if I'll get anywhere close to the amount I need, but it's certainly worth a roll of the dice. People collect money for less worthy causes; watch this space (or click here to donate money too).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.