Table Mounting.

Today, in a fit of usefulness, I assembled a hospital table for my dad.

It was pleasing to be able to put something together that would help make his life a little easier.  The past few weeks I've purchased more than my fair share of items from Amazon Prime, in the hope of improving his current situation, with this being perhaps the most useful of all. His mobility's very restricted at the moment (so much so, we've had a hospital bed put in in his front room) so anything we can do to enable him to have some level of freedom without being hemmed in is a bonus.

Keeping on top of things has been a challenge. My dad isn't one for thinking ahead at the moment, so my mum and I have been putting out a lot of metaphorical fires along the way, but slowly - gradually - we're establishing control. Everything has centred around making him as safe as possible; a carer visits four times a day, which reassures us, although this has facilitated a lack of improvement to an extent (he seldom gets out of bed, partly through fear of falling and partly through the fatigue) so anything we can do to clear the clutter around him is a bonus.

The good news is he's been brighter recently, so I think things are helping. It would just be nice to get him on his feet and out of his front room. One thing's for certain, almost a month laid up has made him an expert in controlling his adjustable bed. Watching him today was like seeing someone in charge of a bucking broncho or riding a simulator; my dad is currently brought to you by hydraulics. 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.